Canada: Public Safety Minister stonewalls under Conservative questioning about returned Islamic State jihadi

Global News pointed out at the end of November that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wanted to reintegrate Islamic State jihadists into Canadian society. Global News went on: “Common sense forces us to ask why. Who the hell wants this kind of crud to be among us?”

That should go without saying. The fact that it does not leaves Canadians cautious about the Trudeau government, and rightly so. The Liberal government has an Islamic entryist problem, and now there is a whiff of coverup:

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale has refused to provide details on the status of a Canadian former ISIS fighter who made an apparent confession to an execution-style killing in Syria, saying police and security officials are taking all necessary steps to “keep Canadians safe.” Goodale fielded questions from the Conservatives in the House of Commons Friday about the former ISIS member, who goes by the jihadi nom de guerre Abu Huzaifa al-Kanadi (Abu Huzaifa the Canadian), after he gave a detailed account in a New York Times podcast of firing a bullet into the back of a man’s head — a story he now says he made up.

Canadians have no reason to trust the Liberal government, which has sought to restore diplomatic ties with Iran, foisted the “anti-islamophobia” motion M-103 on Canadians, and apologized and paid out 10.5 million dollars to Omar Khadr, an infamous jihadi.

“Conservatives grill Goodale about Canadian ISIS fighter shortly before he recants murder claim,” by Kathleen Harris, CBC News, May 11, 2018:

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale has refused to provide details on the status of a Canadian former ISIS fighter who made an apparent confession to an execution-style killing in Syria, saying police and security officials are taking all necessary steps to “keep Canadians safe.”

Goodale fielded questions from the Conservatives in the House of Commons Friday about the former ISIS member, who goes by the jihadi nom de guerre Abu Huzaifa al-Kanadi (Abu Huzaifa the Canadian), after he gave a detailed account in a New York Times podcast of firing a bullet into the back of a man’s head — a story he now says he made up.

Speaking with CBC on Friday afternoon at the suburban Toronto-area business where he works, the 23-year-old denied killing anyone when asked about his statements in the podcast.

“I did not,” he said. “You can put me through a polygraph and it will prove that I didn’t kill anyone.”

When asked why he told Times reporter Rukmini Callimachi that he participated in an execution, Huzaifa said, “I was being childish. I was describing what I saw and basically, I was close enough to think it was me.”

CBC News reached out to Callimachi for comment. A newspaper spokesperson responded via email, saying the Times had “confirmed with multiple intelligence agencies” that Huzaifa had been a member of ISIS and had travelled to Syria.

“Forthcoming episodes in our series detail the fact-checking process at length and show what we know to be true about his story, and how we came to know it,” wrote spokesperson Danielle Rhoades Ha.

CBC News has reported that Abu Huzaifa had been questioned extensively in the past by RCMP and CSIS, but was not charged…

Earlier on Friday, Conservative House leader Candice Bergen demanded to know what the Liberal government and the authorities are doing about Abu Huzaifa and other ISIS fighters who have returned to Canada.

“This guy is apparently in Toronto. Canadians deserve more answers from this government. Why aren’t they doing something about this despicable animal that’s walking around the country?” she said.

CSIS has estimated about 60 Canadians have returned home after fighting with foreign terror groups……
Source:https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/05/canada-public-safety-minister-stonewalls-under-conservative-questioning-about-returned-islamic-state-jihadi

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *